The Yerkes Observatory, pictured here in 1939, was established as part of the University of Chicago in 1897 and closed to the public in 2018.
From the State of Wisconsin Collection of the UW Digital Collections Library. Image ID WI.dnr1139.bib. Photograph courtesy of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. CC BY-ND 4.0. Link to Image Source URL
Fundraising efforts following the end of WWII led to the construction of a new central YMCA building on Wisconsin Avenue in 1957, as pictured here. The building has also served as a dormitory for Marquette University.
Charles Whitnall was a prominent Milwaukee conservationist and regional planner during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. He is considered the foundational mind behind the Milwaukee County Parks System.