The Wisconsin Electric power plant in Oak Creek, pictured here in 2012, began operation in 1953 and catalyzed an annexation battle with the city of Milwaukee. The culminating legislation, known as the Oak Creek Law, resulted in the incorporation of the City of Oak Creek.
Located off of Capitol Drive, Wisconsin Memorial Park is a 160-acre cemetery that first opened in 1929. Pictured here in 1931, the Great Memorial Building currently houses the largest collection of imported stained glass in Wisconsin.
The city of Pewaukee experienced significant economic growth during the second half of the 20th century. Taken in 1960, this photograph features the Wisconsin Telephone Company building in Pewaukee, renamed Wisconsin Bell in 1984.
From the James Blair Murdoch Photographs. Archives, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries. Link to Image Source URL