Image Credits

Showing 681-700 of 1076 images

Nestle Company Creamery and Mill

Taken between 1920 and 1930, this photograph shows a creamery and mill owned by the Nestle Company in the Racine County community of Waterford.
Source:
From the State of Wisconsin Collection of the UW Digital Collections Library. Image ID WI.wpl00188.bib. Photograph courtesy of Waterford Public Library's Local History Digital Collection. Fair use for nonprofit educational purposes.
Link to Image Source URL
Entries:

New Fellowship Church of God in Christ

A group of parishioners gather on the steps of New Fellowship Church of God in Christ in 1939. The church was located on N. 8th Street.
Source:
From the Wisconsin Historical Society, WHS-2017. Reprinted with permission.
Link to Image Source URL
Entries:

Newberry Boulevard

Milwaukee's Newberry Boulevard, which runs between Lake Park and Riverside Park, also stands as testament to the results of the City Beautiful movement.
Source:
Greetings from Milwaukee: Selections from the Thomas and Jean Ross Bliffert Postcard Collection, Archives. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries. 
Link to Image Source URL

Newburg's Steel Truss Bridge

Built in 1929 to span the Milwaukee River, the steel truss bridge in Newburg was one of the last of its kind in Wisconsin when it was demolished in 2003.
Source:
From the Wisconsin Historical Society, WHS-14636.
Link to Image Source URL

Newhall House Fire

This sketch of the Newhall House Fire dramatizes the rescue operation, illustrating the crowd gathered to watch and firefighters carrying ladders and holding safety nets for people trying to escape the flames.
Source:
From the Historic Photo Archive of the Milwaukee Public Library. Reprinted with permission.
Link to Image Source URL

Newsboy by the Tracks

Railroad tracks continue to criss-cross the Milwaukee area, as revealed in this 1975 photograph of the intersection of Brown Deer Road and Highway 100.
Source:
Photograph by Alan Magayne-Roshak. Copyright 2014. Reprinted with permission.
Entries:

Nike Missile Site Remnants

Though closed since 1971, evidence of the Milwaukee area's Nike anti-aircraft missile sites remain. This photograph features one of the abandoned radar towers at the Waukesha site.
Source:
From Flickr. Photograph by Ched Cheddles. CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.
Link to Image Source URL

Nike Missile Site, circa 1958

One Nike missile base along the lakeshore was located on the former in-city airport Maitland Field, currently part of the Summerfest Grounds.
Source:
From the Milwaukee County Historical Society
Link to Image Source URL
Entries:

Non-Partisan Campaign Poster

This early twentieth century campaign poster encourages people to elect Peter Kaminski as a Milwaukee alderman and promises a "Clean Non-Partisan Administration."
Source:
From the Roman B. Kwaniewski Photographs Collection, Archives. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries. 
Link to Image Source URL

North Avenue Dam

Postcard published in 1916 featuring a view of the North Avenue Dam on the Milwaukee River.
Source:
Greetings from Milwaukee: Selections from the Thomas and Jean Ross Bliffert Postcard Collection, Archives. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries. 
Link to Image Source URL
Entries:

North Chicago Rolling Mill Workmen

39 employees pose for a photograph at the Bay View Rolling Mill. This photo was taken in 1886, the year of the large and deadly workers' strike.
Source:
From the Historic Photo Collection of the Milwaukee Public Library. Reprinted with permission.
Link to Image Source URL

North Point Lighthouse

An aerial view of the North Point Lighthouse shows its place in Lake Park, with hints of the contemporary cityscape in the background.
Source:
From the Library of Congress Carol M. Highsmith Archive. 
Link to Image Source URL
Entries:

North Point Water Tower

Image featuring the North Point Water Tower as seen from St. Mary's Hospital, circa 1885.
Source:
From Milwaukee Illustrated, Special Collections, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries.
Link to Image Source URL

North Point Water Tower

Photograph of the North Point Water Tower in 1985 with a temporary dragon sculpture mounted on it.
Source:
Photograph by Alan Magayne-Roshak. Copyright 2014. Reprinted with permission.

North Point Water Works

The North Point Water Works, shown around 1885, including the standpipe at the top of the hill on the right.
Source:
From the Milwaukee Neighborhoods: Photos and Maps 1885-1992 Collection, Archives. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries.
Link to Image Source URL
Entries:

North Sherman Boulevard Historic District

The homes and buildings along N. Sherman Boulevard between W. Lloyd Street and W. Keefe Avenue, like those pictured here, form a historic district that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Source:
From the Wikimedia Commons.
Link to Image Source URL
Entries:

North Shore Interurban Line

An interurban streetcar full of passengers rolls along near the old Milwaukee Road Union Depot once located at N. 6th and W. Clybourn Streets.
Source:
From the Robert W. Eichelberg Papers. Archives, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries.
Link to Image Source URL

Northwestern Mutual Insurance Building

1985 photograph of the 1979 Northwestern Mutual Insurance Building as seen from O'Donnell Park. This building was demolished to make room for Northwestern's newest building.
Source:
From the Harold Mayer Collection, American Geographical Society Library, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries.
Link to Image Source URL

Northwestern Mutual Insurance Tower and Commons

Photograph of the new Northwestern Mutual Insurance Tower and Commons, which opened in 2017.
Source:
From the Wikimedia Commons. Photograph by username Samsa3. CC BY-SA 4.0.
Link to Image Source URL

Norway-Muskego Church and Parsonage

Birds-eye view of the Norway-Muskego Church and parsonage near Wind Lake in Racine County. The church was dedicated in 1870 and still stands, now known as the Norway Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Source:
From the State of Wisconsin Collection of the UW Digital Collections Library. Image ID WI.wpl00217.bib. Photograph courtesy of Waterford Public Library's Local History Digital Collection. Fair use for nonprofit educational purposes.
Link to Image Source URL
Entries:
1 33 34 35 36 37 54